Hold on to your Hats because we have an awesome new race for you coming in the fall of 2020! Come join us for
Hold on to your Hats because we have an awesome new race for you coming in the fall of 2020!
Come join us for the Inaugural Yippee-Ki-Yay 50K, Half Marathon and 5mile races on Saturday, October 24, 2020 starting at 8am in Council Bluffs, IA. All races will take place on the gorgeous Wabash Trace Nature Trail starting and finishing at the Iowa West Foundation Trail Head Park. You will have your choice of running a 5mile, Half Marathon or 50K Ultra Marathon. Unique to the area this Rails to Trail Course will be a great choice for those hoping to add an Ultra Marathon to their race resume. Our Half Marathon event will surely become a quick favorite to many! When you are finished wrap up your race day with some great eats. Register today because this event will be one that you will absolutely not want to miss!
Location and Start Times:
Start/Finish is at the Iowa West Foundation Trail Head Park in Council Bluffs IA, Next door to Lewis Central Middle School.
- The 50K (31mile) event starts at 8am
- The Half Marathon event starts at 8:10am
- The 5mile race will start at 8:20am
· Field limit: 400 runners
· Trail Conditions: 90% Rail Trail 10% Pavement (50K)· 50K, Half Marathon and 5mile courses (see maps at link at bottom of page)· Each course 5Mile, Half Marathon & 50K is an out and back course completely run on the Wabash Trace Nature Trail.· There will be aid stations with Water, Gatorade, Honey Stinger gels & after 10miles Ultra Food for the 50K runners.· There will be Bathroom facilities along the course and plenty of great views of the Heartland Country side!!!· Race day details, Course maps, rules sent via email prior to race day and notification updates as they take place.
· Each event will be chip-timed. There will be a 9hr time limit for the event.
***50K runners are strongly encouraged to have a hydration system with them on race day. A hand held water bottle should work best but other systems are welcome.
Packet pickup locations for 10/23 : Location and times coming soon! There will be a “Mail my race packet” option available for those who rather have their packets sent to them for a fee. Sign-up for this option must be done at the time of registration and prior to 9/18. Participants will be mailed their race bib, T-shirt and other items prior to race day for your convenience. There will be NO race day packet pickup.
Timing and Photos for the event:
Timing and Photos will be conducted by Run Nebraska so be sure to smile as they capture photos of you on your epic day!
Each event is run on the Historic Wabash Trace Nature Trail which is a converted Rails to Trail with a fine crushed limestone surface.
All races – First place Male and First place Female in each race distance
50K and Half Marathon Participants receive:
Long Sleeve tech Race t-shirt, Custom Finishers medal, Finisher Mug*
**Medal and T-shirt is included only if registered by October 1, 2020.
5 Mile Participants receive:
Long Sleeve tech Race t-shirt, Finisher Mug*
**T-shirt is included only if registered by October 1, 2020.
February 1 – June 21: $75
June 22 – August 31: $90
September 1 – October 1: $100
February 1 – June 21: $55
June 22 – August 31: $70
September 1 – October 1: $80
5 Mile :
February 1 – June 21 $40
June 22 – August 31: $50
September 1 – October 1 $55
***All prices are prior to tax and fee. Entries are non-refundable and all races will be held rain or shine ***
Course maps and more information can be found at the following:
(Saturday) 8:00 am
Iowa West Foundation Trailhead Park