YES! After receiving clearance from the Douglas County Health Department, we have re-scheduled the 2020 Blarney Stone run! However, because of certain social distancing restrictions, we have to make
YES! After receiving clearance from the Douglas County Health Department, we have re-scheduled the 2020 Blarney Stone run! However, because of certain social distancing restrictions, we have to make a few changes to both the pre-race and post-race activities. Here they are:
1) WAVE START: All runners will be assigned a WAVE Starting Number (1,2,3, etc.) Each wave will consist on NO more than 10 runners.
2) PRE-RACE: We will establish assigned WAVE areas by number for people to gather in their small groups as we get closer to starting time. Each wave will go off in 30 second increments. We are requiring that all participants once they have their packets return to their cars or an open area. Around 8:45 am, we will begin the process of getting people to their associated wave areas. Masks are suggested but not required!
3) COURSE: We will be utilizing the Keystone Trail near the Peak Performance at 519 N 78th street. The course is out and back and will head north with the turn around near Maple Street. A water stop will be located near the turn around!
4) POST-RACE: Upon finishing the run, all runners will head over to the POST-RACE area and pickup their bag of food, drink, and finishing swag. Upon receipt of their packet they will be instructed to head home. No partying until the cows come home this year gang!
We know it’s sad! But Hey! We are racing!!
5) SORRY! NO AWARDS CEREMONY: Once the race is completed and results reported to you via email, the award winners we be notified that they can pickup their GREEN ROCK award at the Peak Performance on Cass street.
6) NO SPECTATORS: We know this is a tough one! But in order for the county to allow us to have a run they are limiting the number of staff/volunteers we can use AND are requiring that we have NO SPECTATORS anywhere near the start/finish line areas. Please be mindful of this requirement!
7) COMPANION PASSES: There will be No Companion Passes for this event. If you had already purchased one, we will refund amount of the pass (only).
8) VIRTUAL RUN: If you don’t want to participate in the actual running of this event, you may submit a 5K Time via email (email@example.com) prior to June 19, 2020. You must send a picture of the results from your fitness watch or app showing the TOTAL TIME of your run and the 5K (3.1 mile) distance recorded. All runs must be outside on a road, track, or trail. NO TREADMILL times will be allowed. Your times will be inserted in to the final race results so WILL BE eligible for any Male/Female Overall, Master’s or 10 year age group awards.
9) REGISTRATION IS NOW RE-OPEN! If you would like to participate in either the actual or virtual run or need additional information, you may go to http://www.u2canrun.rocks to register. However, we only have enough room for 50 more participants!
LASTLY! We would like to thank everyone for your patience! This race is hopefully just the beginning of runs opening up! So stay tuned and start watching the running calendars.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Peak Performance - 78th and Cass streets
519 N 78th St | Omaha, NE