The 4th Annual Greater Omaha Chapter (GOC) of AFCEA Steps for STEM 5K is designed to be an uplifting, family-oriented, community event, benefitting the GOC’s STEM Scholarship and Grant Fund.
The 4th Annual Greater Omaha Chapter (GOC) of AFCEA Steps for STEM 5K is designed to be an uplifting, family-oriented, community event, benefitting the GOC’s STEM Scholarship and Grant Fund. Our chapter has about 250 members and serves the Greater Omaha Metropolitan Area to include Offutt Air Force Base and part of Western Iowa.
Join us, participants and spectators alike, on this promising May morning to take part in this run/walk! All events will take place at scenic Walnut Creek Park in Papillion Nebraska with both the start and finish lines just off the circle on Gold Coast Road.
Adults (18 and older) $30.00
Teenagers (13-17) $20.00
Children 12 years and under $10.00
Event Details And Schedule:
– The event will be held rain or shine and no refunds of entry will be given.
– Runners and walkers will receive a race day T-shirt to wear while running or walking the track. All participants receive a medal at the finish line!
– Race day is Saturday, 4 May 19. Participants should arrive by 8:30 a.m. for check-in and/or late registration.
– The race will begin at 9:00 a.m. at the Gold Coast Road entrance to Walnut Creek Lake.
– There will be FREE parking for all participants.
– No bicycles, skates, skateboards or pets are allowed.
– Shirts are not guaranteed for participants who register after Friday, April 12th. There are no refunds of entry given or transfers of entry permitted for this event.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Walnut Creek Recreation Area
96th St. and Highway 370